Monday 21 April 2014

Dark Room Studio

Friday 19th- we spent clearing out Edward's disused dark room back into a workable dark room space! the studio is located up at Hopewell Farm studio in Knaresborough so I couldn't be in a more beautiful and inspiring setting. Im just waiting on materials i.e. dev, stop and fix to show up and then I can get working on next show planned for June in Scarborough with painter Adam King.


I am currently working on creating a series of images photographing and recording the interior of Grove Road Methodist (grade 2 listed 1896) Church, Harrogate as it goes through redevelopment to become a family home over the next coming months. 
I have been experimenting with both a Pentax and pin hole camera using 35mm black and white as well as  colour film. The images shown here are taken using a pinhole, left - single shot (8 seconds) and bottom left - triple exposure (4, 8, 12 seconds). Because of the historical context of the churches interior I've decided that pinhole is more interesting...I also like the idea i am not in control, that there is always uncertainty to what I will get until I get into the dark room!  






No comments:

Post a Comment