Thursday 6 October 2011

IP research and chocolate

umm chocolate, topic of Intellectual Property online session this morning with Stuart...I think Im starting to understand it, however not enough to realise where it fits into my practice! although saying this I have started some research looking into 'research papers' (who owns them??) covered in a live debate in The Guardian, 8th June 2011, interestingly enough Steve Wheeler covered the topic in his blog last week..so I may go down this route?? t has to be interested as it does prove to be dull reading! I had a skype session with Stuart today (at last...) I was worried about what exactly I was going to discuss with Stuart, but should not have been as all flowed well. We discussed development of research, in terms of more reading (ie literature review) theories relating  to finding new knowledge..where are those 'missing holes and opportunities', I own up to not doing much of this in awhile, so need to get on with it.
I talked to Stuart about making contact with Ian Truelove at Leedsmet, ref: CAGD. I want to look at the mechanisim of the website (does it do what it says on the package?)..this I shall do tomorrow...Stuart is also keen to look at setting up again 'Openfolio' perhpas to work on together, not sure? and perhaps to do some work with the MA students potentially next Jan to May or October to December 2012...we shall see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment