Saturday 19 November 2011

Camera, action and nothingness???

Letter box
Forgot to add to yesterdays post that I have created my first film which I did by propping open the letterbox and setting up camera inside it, I left it to record for about 1 hr 20 minutes. Ive had a look at the first 2 minutes and basically it has recorded nothing except a car going past. Im hoping there will be some other added extras, anyway will see??. Yesterday Matt in photography helped me download onto Imovie, next thursday I shall look at editing it down to I guess 3-5 minutes. Today I hid the camera in the boot of my car and left it recording whilist I went to Sainsburys and back, Ive had a quick look, its like looking constantly into the rear view mirror. I wanted to capture peoples activity such as facial expressions, conversations and bordom when driving...from what I have viewed I think I need to home in more to see, or thinking about it clean the rear window (dirty). What do I want from all of this?? I think its about voyeurism...(Voyeurism (from the French voyeur, "one who looks") not in an intimate way, but instead to communicate reality within time and space. the next film will be set up in a cafe??, I want to put the camera under a table to capture foot movement, restlessness...foot-talk.

thinking about DDP stuff. still on with IPR report, really dull (sorry Stuart if you ever read this post) for creative thinking I have drawn up a radiant map which I put up in yesterdays posting ..to continue I have thought about buying dome tags and writing questions that come to mind for each section, the end result will be something quite different and creative. to think about my future self as someone who is not teaching anymore but lecturing whilist holding down a research position..I also see myself living in a quirky house or cottage maybe, that has a beautiful garden which I spend alot of time tending too, I continue to read and listen to music, I dont drink so much or smoke anymore and I am really happy with my life, I have also gotten over the fact that age is going to happen whatever I do and that no expensive facecream is going to sort it...is this all too personal?? ummmm 

No comments:

Post a Comment