Thursday 17 November 2011

Long time, no see...Im back!

Radient map, integrated mind map, universal forms and purposeful ways of seeing...is the focus of today. Here you can see the foundation of what I hope will grow (layers) over the next 4 weeks. it has 4 sections. 1 current experience. 2 questions I need to answer. 3 planning out what are the issues, what is important to me. 4 the future, how I see myself finishing DDP.
what I need to do now is home in 2 & 3, these both relate to one another, issues such as, time, work and home life but to be honest I dont think I will ever overcome these areas, instead I will have to deal with it and get on! So are the issues the not important bit.? Ill come back to that later.
Ok today I had a supervisory session with Stuart and Fiona (2:30-3:30) we pretty much went over the last session discussing current focus, that is time base media and applying it to capture the creative process. I mentioned to Fiona 'Showstudio' and she said that neil??? (a colleague I think) had put together a student project for UNILEVER. one of the students produced sketches from start to finish using video and then edited it down to a short film...fiona is going to try and provide me with a copy..
I spoke to stuart about MA and that I was looking forward to completing modules next year, furthermore to be freed up to focus only on the DDP. I cant do that until the MA is out of the way...so coming back to the issue of time this can only improve. Stuart suggested that I use modules to contribute toward DDP, which I have been doing?? We, Fiona, talked about Susie Norris who is hopefully finishing DDP next year (fast track) she has been using a Blog (20,000 words +) which will form the foundation for her final write up, more amazingly she is holding down a head of fashion role (I think) at Southampton Solent  and has 4 children, I say children they could be teenagers, anyway that doesn't matter, what matters is she coping, again Im assuming, what an inspiration, would like to talk to her.
So to finish up on discussion. 1 Fiona will provide (hopefully) film, 2 I must continue to read (and I know I am not doing AT ALL!) 3 think about what my portfoilio  will be to will be to raise questions now and use of different creative tools to help focus thoughts etc. I need to seak to Erik Bohimien and chap at LeedsMet, opps forgot name
NEXT meeting is January 19th, Thursday @ 2:30pm with Stuart and Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment